Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Modern Night Ho-Down

So the art party was adorable. I highly recommend Brooklyn. My driver told me tons of people live there.

To date, I have dutifully memorized literally dozens and dozens of songs. I like to be Karaoke ready. In group Karaoke sessions once in a while I look at the monitor because it gives better Karaoke ambiance when you don't know all the words. I think it adds a sense of frivolity plus, Karaoke isn't a piano bar where you have to be more amazing than other people.

For my butch moments I have locked down the likes of Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones - I (Can't Get No) Satisfaction anyone! and the collective inspiration that is Journey. The diva in me is prepared to drop a Whitney, a Tina, a Cher, a Christina, but not a Britney as a protest to all the queens who refuse to explore anything else like I do. I also mix it up with some 90s Brit pop such as Blurr and Desiree. I have never met a hipster boy whose tight acid washed jeans didn't moist and crumble off when I started singing "you gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser."

This evening I am throwing my regular Karaoke sessions at our home. I have invited Hector and his current play toy Bear Johnny, the couple across the hall Luc and Nadia, they are amazing humans and cooks and I will tell you more about them another day, Agatha, the kids Pepi and Pepe and Sir who promised he will join us after a late meeting. Pepi has been feeling shallow since his doggy spa day treatment this afternoon and plans to settle in early but Pepe will chirp along to his favorite singer Enya. Early Madonna is banned for the rest of us because that is Agatha's territory. She claims the middle years aren't ripe for her Karaoke styling and the later years aren't due until 2016.

For this favorite Japanese past time I will be serving an array of Asian treats.

The Gummy Bears of Asia: Kiwi flavored Gummi candies taste great. They even have little seeds in them, they are so good that it's impossible to eat just one.


The Popcorn of Asia: Arare or “hailstones” is a type of bite-sized Japanese cracker made from glutinous rice and flavored with soy sauce.

The Twix of Asia: Yan-Yan is a Japanese snack food that comes in a package with two compartments. One side has biscuit sticks or cracker sticks, and the other has chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla yogurt flavored frosting used for dipping.




The Cookie of Asia: Rice Cracker Cookies satisfy that complicated simultaneous craving for both salty and sweet, though the taste does lean more towards the former than the latter. The rich cookie shatters to reveal a more than generous smattering of crushed orange rice inside, while the outer coat is drizzled with a sweet sugar glaze.

The Peanuts of Asia: Edamame is a preparation of baby soybeans in the pod commonly found in Japan, China, and Korea. The pods are boiled in water together with condiments such as salt and served whole.


Sir missed the party. But before bed and sex we sang together that Desiree song. Friends and Lovers "All I know, all I know, love will save the day."

No comments:

Post a Comment